About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Gratitude

Image from
outofthedarknessintothelight.com
Today, I can say I am very grateful for releasing another 1-1/2 pounds because I know that I have overcome a big block in my road to success.  Thank You.
I am celebrating my gratitude for all the blessings in my life including finding the Isagenix program.  I have thousands of attempts to lose my excess weight and although I would have a short successes in the past, ultimately I always regained the weight and added on a few extra pounds as a bonus.
For years, I had maintained my weight around 250 pounds.  For my body, that was about the most I could carry and still be functional.  When I became debilitated I wasn’t able to move freely anymore … I was forced to stay in bed or on the couch for at least eight of my waking hours.  I would get up just in time to greet my husband with a kiss when he returned from work, but I would have to return to bed after a few hours because the discomfort in my joints and muscles was unbearable.  It was during this eight or nine year period I ballooned up to 330-340 pounds.  And in my head I knew there was nothing I could do about it. 
Fortunately I have a warrior’s heart and I didn’t give up.  After living this existence for almost a decade, I found Isagenix … and the rest was history.  After starting the program, I lost 60 pounds in the first 60 days and my physical problems were turned around (as verified by lab tests).  I learned the true meaning of gratitude at that time.  And I have practiced it every day since.
Here are some of the things I did as I started practicing gratitude on a daily basis:
1.  Every night I list (in a special book) all of the things I was grateful for during the day … I would write: “I am so very grateful that I was able to release 1-1/2 pounds today, so I know that I am living my dream” or “I am so grateful for the beautiful sunset tonight because the beauty warms my soul and makes me happy.”   I always add “why” I am grateful and then end with “Thank You.”
2.  Starting the day with a prayer or meditation about what my expectations are for that day always gets me off to a positive start on the day.  Throughout the day I say a great big “Thank You” as each event unfolds.  I also say thank you for the people who come into my life during the day and for all the unexpected little “miracles” that occur.  I am always expecting some kind of miracle … and always grateful for when they happen.
3.  I don’t wait for holidays to say “thank you” or “I love you” or to give a compliment  to someone who is  in  my life.  I try never to miss that opportunity to take the time to express my positive feelings to people because it is heartwarming to see the response you get from people (especially if they are not having the best day) when you say “thank you” from your heart.
The great thing about Gratitude is that it can lead to feelings of love, appreciation, generosity, and compassion, which further open our hearts and help rewire our brains to ignite more positive thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment