About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Water and Hunger

In my past life, BI (Before Isagenix) I can’t remember the last time I actually felt “real” hunger.  I was a “grazer,” which meant that every time I passed through the kitchen I would grab something to snack on. Not until I started trying to diet, again BI, did I know that hungry feeling.  After several days of feeling like I was starving to death I would end the diet abruptly with a binge.
A nutritionist friend of mine explained that if I was feeling hungry it could mean I was actually dehydrated and thirsty.  That didn’t make sense to me but I had to admit that I really didn’t drink much H2O during the day.  My daily consumption of liquids consisted mainly of Diet Pepsi (which subsequently I learned was dehydrating and leaching the calcium from my bones).
You can feel “hungry” when you are dehydrated. You may experience hunger pangs, weakness and dizziness, which are the same signals that you get when you are actually feeling hungry for food. If you think that you are hungry, try drinking one or two glasses of water and waiting for 20 minutes to see if your “hunger pangs” stop. If they stop, then you were probably just thirsty. If they don’t, you probably need to eat.
I keep track of my water now, and try to drink at least one-half my body weight in water every day. I also keep my water with me at all times.  I can now honestly say that between my nutritionally dense IsaLean Pro shakes and my water I never feel hungry.
TIP:  When I am out, I drink my water from one of my Cleanse For Life bottles.  You can’t believe how many conversations that starts about the products!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment