About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Love > Fear

My weight bounced up a bit this morning even though I stayed on track all day yesterday.  I know that everybody’s weight fluctuates from day to day so I shouldn’t be concerned … but I am approaching what I call my “trampoline”
zone. 
For a year I have bounced back and forth between 250 pounds and 235 pounds (my 100 pound mark).  It became frustrating so instead of just giving up, I decided to go on maintenance (with Isagenix) until my body was ready to lose more weight.  After seeing my weight bound upward this morning, even though it was minimal gain, regenerated the “fear” that I am not going to break my plateau again this time.
I asked myself all the questions about why I am stuck in this place. I know it has to do with “fear” … but fear of what?  The unknown?  Fear of success? Fear of failure?  I don’t know.
John Lennon once wrote:  “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.” 
After meditating on this quote, I decided that what he said is true, I need to learn to love myself more.  And in loving myself I will push away the fear, because there is no room in me for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment