About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Live for Today (Remembering 9/11)

Image from barbaralarkin.com
"For me and my family, personally, September 11 was a reminder that life is fleeting, impermanent, and uncertain.  Therefore, we must make use of every moment and nurture it with affection, tenderness, beauty, creativity, and laughter."  - Deepak Chopra

I remember that morning, September 11, 2001, as clearly as I remember the moment I heard that President John F. Kennedy had been shot.  I was lost in disbelief that anything like this could happen here in America, the strongest nation in the world.  But it did. 

My next thoughts raced to the people who woke up that morning, dressed for work, had their cup of coffee as they raced out the door to get to work on time.  Such an ordinary day ... but ultimately became a day that changed America and the rest of the world forever.

As Deepak points out, life is fleeting, impermanent, and uncertain.  There are no guarantees that we will have tomorrow.  So we must live for today.  Use the time you have wisely ... say "I love you" to those you love ... don't waste time being angry or hateful ... appreciate the beauty around you ... thank God for your life, health, and love.  As my husband always says: "Live every minute for all that is in it, for the life of a pirate is short!"

As I close this post I am sending prayers and loving thoughts to the victims, first responders, their families, and to anyone who witnessed those tragic moments, and to all of America.  We have changed, we have lost our innocence ... now it is time to realize that we need to work toward world peace more than ever.  TYL

No comments:

Post a Comment