About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Conquering that Mountain

I woke up this morning to this quote:

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it.  The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."    
- Earl Nightingale

I realize that releasing 130+ pounds is going to take some time.  When I think about how much time it is going to take, the task seems daunting.  Then I remember a little saying I learned in Overeaters Anonymous (OA): One day at a time. One pound at a time

There is no way I am going to release pound number 130 until I have released pound number 1!  Logical?  Here is an example of what I mean.  If I want to climb a mountain, I have to do it a step at a time.  Some of those steps are going to be baby steps ... some giant leaps ... and still some will be a slip backward ... and sometimes I am just going to have to sit down and rest.  If I focus on the peak of that mountain (my goal) and keep heading in the right direction I will reach that goal as long as I don't give up.  The same is true of releasing my excess weight. 

So here is to conquering that mountain!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment