About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Monday, April 1, 2013

How to Calculate Your Target Heart Rate

I am exercising more now and to be sure that I am getting workiing in the best heart rate rate to burn fat during my workout, I need to figure out my Target Heart Rate.  Here is a Chart and a Worksheet to help me (and you) make this all important calculation.



 
HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR TARGET HEART RATE



1.  Average resting heart rate (RHR)
    Count your pulse for one minute as soon as you wake up, for 3 days.

 
Average RHR = ( _______ + _______ + _______ ) ÷ 3
                               Day 1         Day 2        Day 3

Your average RHR = _______

 
2.  Maximum heart rate (HRmax)

 
HRmax = 220 - __________
                         your age

Your HRmax = _______

 
3Heart rate reserve (HRmaxRESERVE)

 
HRmaxRESERVE = ____________ - __________
                           your HRmax         your RHR

Your HRmaxRESERVE = _______

 
4Lower limit of your target heart rate (THR)

 
THR (lower limit) = ( ___________________ × 0.6 ) + __________
                                    your HRmaxRESERVE                      your RHR

 Your THR (lower limit) = _______

 
5.  Upper limit of your target heart rate (THR)

 
THR (upper limit) = ( ___________________ × 0.8 ) + __________
                                      your HRmaxRESERVE                      your RHR

Your THR (upper limit) = _______

 
6.  Target heart rate (THR)

 
THR = ( ________________________ + ________________________ ) ÷ 2
                  your THR (lower limit)                your THR (upper limit)

 Your THR = _______

 

No comments:

Post a Comment